20% off our Products of the Month: ALA, DMAE, Ester C and Idebenone with code FEB24
As if getting your period isn't enough of a pain, you also have to deal with the dreaded period breakout. You know the ones: those angry, red pimples that seem to pop up out of nowhere right before your period starts. But just because breakouts are a fact of life doesn't mean you have to suffer through them in silence. There are plenty of things you can do to prevent period breakouts before they start!Here are some tips for preventing period breakouts: 1. Keep your skin clean. This one seems like a no-brainer, but it's important to wash your face twice a day using a gentle cleanser. And don't forget to remove your makeup before bed! Allowing makeup to sit on your skin overnight can clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
2. Exfoliate regularly. Gently exfoliating your skin a few times a week will help remove dead skin cells that can clog your pores and cause breakouts. Just be sure not to overdo it, as exfoliating too often can irritate your skin and make breakouts worse.
3. Use an acne-fighting spot treatment. When you feel a pimple starting to form, apply a topical acne treatment directly to the affected area. This can help reduce inflammation and prevent the pimple from getting any bigger.
4. Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water helps keep your skin healthy and can prevent breakouts before they start. Aim for eight glasses of water per day, and try to avoid sugary drinks like soda which can dehydrate your skin.
5. manage stress levels. Believe it or not, stress can actually trigger breakouts! If you're feeling stressed out, take some time for yourself to relax and unwind. Taking a hot bath, reading your favorite book, or taking a yoga class are all great ways to de-stress and prevent breakouts.
6 .Wash your face after working out. When you sweat, it can cause dirt and bacteria to build up on your skin which can lead to breakouts. So be sure to wash your face soon after working out or sweating profusely to keep your pores clean and prevent breakouts.
7. Change Your Pillowcase Regularly Pillowcases can actually collect oil, sweat and bacteria from your hair and face which can then transfer back onto your skin and cause breakouts To prevent this, make sure to wash or change y our pillowcase at least once a week
8 Try Mandelic Acid Treatment Mandelic Acid has natural antibacterial properties that make it an effective acne -fighting ingredient
9 Eat A Healthy Diet Eating a healthy diet rich in fruits ,veggies ,and lean protein is good for both y our overall health and y our skin Health} For example ,a diet high in sugar can cause inflammation that leads to breakups So if you want clear skin , Stick with foods that are low in sugar and refined carbs
10 Get Enough Sleep Getting enough sleep is important for both y our physical and mental health When you don’t get enough sleep ,y our body produces more cortisol ,which is a stress hormone That extra cortisol production can lead to inflammation and eventually result in breakouts So aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night.
Breakouts are never fun, but thankfully there are things we can do to help stop them before they start. By following the tips above, you Can help keep those pesky pimples at bay!
If you are in the San Diego area and would like to learn more about our services or book an appointment today, click here. If you are new to Vasseur Skincare or needed help choosing the right skincare, click here. If you would like to talk with one of our Vasseur team members for a free consultation, click here and we will get back with you as soon as we can (please allow 1-3 business days for a response).
Comments will be approved before showing up.